Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Parkinson Disease experiences

I am 67 years old. I have been diagnosed with Parkinson Disease 36 of those 67 years. I call it my unwanted companion. I have lived with all of the side effects for so long that I cannot recall what living normal is like. In addition to frequent falling, dyskenesia-rapid uncontrollable leg and arm movement to kinesia-or no muscle movement or no communication from the brain to the muscles, I have a communication problem with verbal expression. So severe that no one can understand when I attempt to speak. Such side effects has put me in precarious predicaments that I had to ask for God's intervention. Some of my prayers were answered exactly as requested; others were not; some were a definite no not know.

Family members have asked me to share these spiritual experiences by blogging them. I plan to post 6-7 spiritual occurrences which I believe to be answers to prayer. Then a What I Learned post and mt last one will be a Tribute to Judy. In addition I will include the humor I see in them Which converts to God's humor; if such humor does exist.

1 comment:

  1. Denny, I'm so glad you've started a blog. Janelle told me about it a while ago and so I saved the web address for it and today it popped up with an entry! What a great idea. You'll really be able to clearly communicate your thoughts and experiences and others will be able to clearly understand. I can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete